This functionality allows you to adjust the leave balances recorded on the system. You may want to do this if, for example, you never captured take-on balances when you created the first payslip for an employee.
The following process should be followed to make leave adjustments for individual employees:
- Go to Employees and select an employee.
- On the employee’s profile, go to Leave > Adjustments.
- Then next to the appropriate leave type select Add.
- You will then enter the effective Date of the adjustment, Amount (positive values increase the balance, while negative values decrease the balance) and Description.
- Scroll down and click on Save changes.
*Please note: If you are still using the old leave system (i.e. you joined SimplePay before 3 September 2016), you will need to click on Add (next to Payslip Inputs) > Leave Adjustment.
To make leave adjustments in bulk for multiple employees:
- Go to Employees > Bulk Actions > Adjustments (under Leave).
- Use the filters to select the pay frequency, pay point and status for employees.
- Select the type of leave from the dropdown list that you’d like to make adjustments for.
- The system will default to today’s date for the leave adjustment. However, you can change this by clicking on the date and selecting a new date from the calendar.
- Click on the Add checkbox next to the employees that you wish to add adjustments for.
- Enter the Amount and Description for each adjustment.
- Then click Save.