Leave Management > Leave Types and Entitlements > Off-In-Lieu
If an employee is not covered under Part IV of the Employment Act, you can grant them time off-in-lieu for working a public holiday. We recommend capturing off-in-lieu leave as follows:
Step 1: Create a leave type called Off-in-lieu
To do this:
- Go to Settings > Leave > Add New Leave Type.
- Enter the Name as “Off-in-lieu”.
- Change the Cycle start date to “01 January”.
- Select the checkbox Show on payslips if you want employees to be able to see this leave type.
- Click Save.
Step 2: Set up a 0 entitlement policy
- After clicking Save in step 1, a banner will appear in green at the top of the screen saying A default policy has been create for Off-in-lieu. Edit it below if all employees will be entitled to leave of this type, or click here if the default entitlement should be 0. Click on the here hyperlink in this banner.
- A 0 days entitlement policy will now appear under Available Entitlement Policies. Click on View next to 0 days.
- Click the checkbox next to Allow leave to be carried forward to next cycle?
- Click Save.
Step 3: Record leave adjustments for days off-in-lieu
When employees work a public holiday, you’ll need to increase their off-in-lieu balances using a leave adjustment. Leave adjustments can be done individually or in bulk. Please see the following article for information doing leave adjustments:
Leave Management > Leave Adjustments
If you’d like leave adjustments to expire after a certain period, SimplePay has a free-of-charge opt-in feature for this. Please contact our support team for more.
You are using the help system of SimplePay, a payroll system that simplifies the payroll process. Designed just for Singapore, it's a fully online solution. Read more.