When you have many employees on your payroll that have the same transactions, it’s quite a process to redo the same input over and over again. To avoid this, templates can be preloaded with all the transactions (income, deductions etc) required.
Creating a Template
You can create a template as follows:
- Go to Settings > Templates > Add New Template
- Give the template a name
You can then add all of the necessary items to the template in one of two ways:
- Add Normal Item – system items and pre-existing custom items (available outside of the template)
- New Template-Only Item – create custom items only available on the template (i.e. not individually on payslips)
For more information on creating custom items, please see the following article:
Applicability of Template Items
Once you have created all of the template items, you can set whether they are all applicable by default or not by clicking on Edit next to the template’s name. For each item on the template you will have one of the following three options:
- “Everyone” – automatically added to all payslips with the template
- “Optional, on by default” – automatically added to all payslips with the template unless you deselect it
- “Optional, off by default” – only added to the payslip with the template if you select it
When you’re done configuring the template, click Save.
Adding a Template to Payslips
To add a template to your employees’ payslips, click on Add (next to Regular Inputs) and select it from the Templates section. If you marked any items as optional, select / deselect them as necessary and click Add Template.
Because of the optional nature of some template items, templates cannot currently be added in bulk.
Creating a Company Default Template
If you would like to create a default template which applies to all of your employees, you can do so as follows:
First, contact our Customer Support team and request to opt-in for this feature. There is no additional charge for this. Once this feature has been enabled you can follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings > Templates
- Click on Edit next to All Employees.
- Once you have added all of the necessary items to the template, click Save