If the user has an admin or leave admin role, you are able to restrict the access of users’ roles to certain companies or groups of employees within those companies. You can do this when adding a user or editing a role – more details on each of these aspects are available in the following articles:
You cannot restrict access for other roles, since:
- Account Owners have full access to the system by default
- Billing Only users have access to billing, which is based on the profile and not on a per company, pay frequency or pay points basis
- Approval Only users only have access as determined by the approval group setup
Restrict to Company / Companies
When adding the user / editing the role, tick the box next to Restrict to selected Companies. You can then indicate what type of access the user should have:
- Full: This gives the user full access for the relevant permission role. In other words, a leave admin with full access still wouldn’t be able to access payroll information, but will be able to do all tasks associated with the leave admin role.
- Read-only: This gives the user read-only access for the relevant permission role. In other words, a leave admin with read-only access will be able to see all the information that a full access leave admin would see, but cannot make any changes.
- None: This gives the user no access to this company.
If you have several companies in your profile, you can quickly assign restrictions by selecting “Full”, “Read-only” or “None” from the Default Access Rule drop-down menu, and then clicking on Copy to all companies.
Then click Save.
Restrict to Pay Frequency / Frequencies
After restricting the user’s role to a company / companies as above, you can further restrict them to only have access to one or more pay frequencies. To do this, tick the box next to Restrict to selected Pay Frequency and use the checkbox next to each pay frequency to indicate if they should have access to the employee’s within that pay frequency. Then click Save.
Restrict to Pay Point(s)
After restricting the user’s role to a company / companies as above, you can further restrict them to only have access to one or more pay points. To do this, tick the box next to Restrict to selected Pay Points. Then use choose the group(s) of employees to which they should have access. Then click Save.