Bulk Actions > Capturing Leave in Bulk via Excel Imports
You can record leave in bulk using Excel if you have many employees going on leave over a similar period. For example, many companies have an annual shutdown period in December where all employees go on leave simultaneously.
There’s two steps involved in this process:
Step 1: Download and complete the Excel template
- Go to Employees > Bulk Actions > Leave Dates Import
- Click the Export Leave Dates File button
- Use the filters to select specific employees or groups of employees
- Enter the date range that you’d like to record leave for. Please note that the date range must be less than or equal to 100 days.
- Click Export
An Excel file will now download to your computer:
- Open the Excel file.
- You’ll see the employee’s details in columns B, C and D and the days from the date range in each subsequent column. Do not change the structure of the file i.e. do not delete or add columns or rows.
- To record a leave day, navigate to the column with that date. Note that leave can only be recorded on days that are not greyed out – greyed out cells represent days that do not form part of the employee’s regular working days, or it is a public holiday.
- Click on the cell in that column that aligns with the employee who is taking leave.
- Use the dropdown arrow to select the leave type.
- You can use Excel’s drag functionality to copy the leave type down to all employees if needed (e.g. the day forms part of a period of annual shutdown).
- Save the file to your computer when you are satisfied that all leave days have been recorded.
Step 2: Upload the Excel template
- Return to Employees > Bulk Actions > Leave Dates Import
- Click on Choose File under Step 2 – Upload and locate the file on your computer
- Click the Override previously recorded leave? checkbox if you previously uploaded a spreadsheet that covers one or more days in the spreadsheet and you wish to override what you recorded then.
- Click Upload
- You’ll now be able to review the dates that you have recorded.
- Click Save.
You are using the help system of SimplePay, a payroll system that simplifies the payroll process. Designed just for Singapore, it's a fully online solution. Read more.