Partners > Managing Client Accounts
As a partner, you are able to group companies in your profile into sub-client groups, referred to as Client Accounts. You then have the ability to configure different billing settings for each client account, as well as add users to a specific client account with either an editing or read-only role.
Create a Client Account
To create a client account:
- Go to the Profile icon > Client Accounts
- Click on the Add Client Account button
- Enter an Account Name that will help distinguish the companies in this group from other companies
- Select an option from the Billing Type drop-down menu:
- “Billed to client” should be selected if you want SimplePay to bill your client for the company on the system and then those clients pay us directly. In these instances, your client will have access to the Billing section when clicking on the Profile icon.
- “Billed to partner” should be selected if you want SimplePay to bill you, the partner, for the company on the system and you will settle the account with us. This is used more commonly in cases where the partner provides multiple accounting services to their clients and charges them a lump sum for all services.
- If you selected “Billed to client”, you also have the option to enter a discount percentage for your client. This allows you to pass any discounts that you may receive as a partner onto the client if you wish.
- Click Save.
Once you have created a client account, there will be no companies or users for this group. For more information on these, refer to the following help pages:
Client Account Information
To view client account information, go to the Profile icon > Client Accounts. From this screen, you will be able to see:
- The name of the different client accounts that you have
- The account owner(s) for each client account
- The billing status for each each client account (see below)
- The number of companies that belong to the client account
- The names of the companies that belong to the client account
The following billing status may be assigned to a client account:
- Billed to Partner – the partner is responsible for billing
- Paid Up – the partner’s client is responsible for their billing and they have paid their account
- Outstanding – the partner’s client is responsible for their billing and they have not settled their account
- Freeze Warning – the partner’s client is responsible for their billing and they are in arrears with their account, which resulted in them receiving a warning that their account will be frozen
- Trial Expired – the company was on a trial which expired and they have not yet switched to a paid account
- Trial Expired Frozen – the company was on a trial which expired; the account was not switched to a paid account resulting in the account being automatically frozen after some time had elapsed
You are using the help system of SimplePay, a payroll system that simplifies the payroll process. Designed just for Singapore, it's a fully online solution. Read more.